Mechanic’s Lien Lawyer
Construction Payment Attorneys
Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, Illinois
Mechanic’s liens are used to secure payment on a construction contract. While they may seem straightforward, they are packed with details and legal requirements that can make the lien nearly useless – or put the lien holder first in a line of creditors. At the Illinois mechanic’s lien law firm of Manetti & Griffith, Ltd., our thorough understanding of construction, real estate, and business law means you will have an attorney who knows how to draft an effective mechanic’s lien notice.
Are we the right law firm for you?
Call us at (630) 590-5400 for an Initial Consultation.
One of our partners, Mark Manetti, has been drafting and enforcing mechanic’s liens since 1974. He also has defended clients against mechanic’s liens. Because of his experience and knowledge of mechanic’s lien law, he has been sought as a lecturer by other lawyers. Especially when the amount owed is substantial, make sure you have all the details right. Contact the mechanic’s lien attorneys at Manetti & Griffith, Ltd..
- Are you within the time constraints to file a claim?
- When was the date of your last work on the project? Who authorized the work? Was it substantial?
- If there is a lien against your property, can you set up a means to sell the property despite the lien?
- What can you do to force the release of a lien? Is it best, under the circumstances, to wait it out?
- How can you increase your chances of being first among lien holders?
Our law firm has represented subcontractors and material suppliers seeking to collect from general (original) contractors, general contractors, excavators, carpenters, surveyors, HVAC, plumbers, and seeking payment from property owners, and property owners who dispute the lien’s place against their property.